Massage Therapy Legislative Awareness Day
April 14, 2023
7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- We invite you to volunteer for our annual Massage Therapy Legislative Awareness Day (MTLAD), hosted by Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP) and the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) – Colorado Chapter. This is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate firsthand to Colorado legislators what massage therapy is all about and show them who we are as a profession.
- We are seeking volunteers to provide complimentary chair massage to Colorado state legislators from 7:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m. on Friday, April 14, 2023.
- Volunteers must have completed massage school and have a current Colorado state massage therapy license and liability insurance coverage.
- Volunteers must bring their own massage chair and supplies.
- When: Friday, April 14, 2023 – 7:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Where: Colorado State Capitol Building, 200 E. Colfax Avenue, Denver
- Time: Volunteer for all or part of the time period between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
We ask that you commit to volunteering for at least 2.5 hours, if your schedule allows.
- To volunteer or for more information contact:
Cobi Clark, AMTA Government Relations Director
- When emailing, please indicate the time you plan to volunteer.
- Lunch to be provided after the event by AMTA
• CCMT has sponsored Massage Therapy Legislative Awareness Day at the Capitol since 2003
• This event brings licensed massage therapists to the State Capitol to provide chair massage to legislators and their staff
• The MTLAD serves a dual purpose: creating a positive image of our profession with law makers, and to make influential contacts in the legislature.